Terms and Conditions
General Terms and Conditions:
1. Your use of this website and the information contained within it is at your own risk. It is your responsibility to ensure that any products or information available through this website meet your specific requirements.
2. The content describing each instrument, part, mouthpiece or product on this website is for your general information. It is subject to change without notice. At certain times such information may contain inaccuracies or errors. These errors are corrected as soon as they are found. We cannot be held liable for such copy errors including but not limited to the description, price, or other unintended inaccuracies. Musical Instrument City may refuse a sale or cancel a sale due to these inaccuracies.
3. This website contains material that is owned by or licensed to us. The material includes but is not limited to: photography, design, logo, and graphics. All rights reserved, reproduction is prohibited.
4. Unauthorized use of this website may give rise to a claim for damages and/or be a criminal offense.
5. Use of this website for malicious or illegal purposes is strictly prohibited and will be prosecuted to the full extent of the law.
6. Musical Instrument City, Inc. is not responsible for any delays in shipping including but not limited to weather conditions, acts of God, acts of War, international customs delays, or custom seizures. A delay in shipping for any reason does not constitute a refund of shipping fees.
7. Musical Instrument City, Inc. is not responsible or liable for any customs fees, duties, or taxes associated with importing items into the country, which you, the buyer, instruct us to ship to. Customs fees, duties and taxes are the sole responsibility of you, the buyer. Customs declarations will be for the full sales price, no exceptions. For payments, we accept Square (Visa/Mastercard), GooglePay, ApplePay or Wire Transfer.
8. All international buyers are responsible for knowing the rules, restrictions, regulations, and fees associated with importing merchandise from the United States of America to their specific country. If a package is held in customs or refused by customs for any reason, you the buyer, will only receive a refund if and when the item is returned to us in the same condition it left our facility in. The refund will be for the sales price minus the outgoing and return shipping.
9. We reserve the right to refuse service to anyone for any reason. We do not allow guns on the premises. We also reserve the right to terminate an in-store credit at any point and issue a refund check minus the 8% restocking fee and the original outgoing shipping fee.
10. At checkout you will be charged a shipping fee and a handling fee on each order placed.
11.This site is intended for use by adults 18 years or older. If you are a minor please exit the site.
12. By navigating, using, or purchasing items on this website you are consenting to the terms and conditions laid out in this entire document. If you are unwilling to accept any of the terms and conditions which govern the website you must exit the website.
Musical Instrument City, Inc. does not share, publish, or sell any of the personal or financial information that we collect except when required by law.
Personal Information Use:
By using this site you consent that Musical Instrument City, Inc. has the right to use your personal information to:
1. Collect data regarding the use of the website by visitors and customers alike to better improve our customers’ experience.
2. Collect payment from you which may then direct you to a third party site.
3. Send you products that you order.
4. Send your invoices and statements via email or standard mail.
We ship all over the world with UPS, Fed-Ex, USPS, DHL and specific freight companies. All merchandise is shipped within 3-5 business days after you place an order, unless the item(s) are being shipped through freight. If your item(s) needs to be shipped via freight we ship within 10-12 business days. You will get an e-mail confirmation when your item has shipped along with a tracking number. If a shipping delay occurs for any reason that does not constitute a refund in shipping fees.
We pack all of our instruments/items very carefully. With over 30 years of experience, we have a tried and true method for shipping your instrument/item carefully. All instruments are individually packed on the inside of the case if there is room. We also use eco-friendly shredded cardboard inside our boxes. We try to use new boxes but sometimes we may need to use repurposed boxes for our shipments. All of our merchandise is fully insured so if your item was damaged en-route, please visit our “Damaged in Shipping” section of this page immediately. There is a very specific procedure you must follow in order for us to process a return for an item damaged en-route.
We have 100% satisfaction guarantee, however, if you would like to return an item, returns are governed by the following terms and conditions. Failure to comply with the following procedures constitutes a violation of the return policy and therefore a refund will not be given.
Please note: the procedure to return an item you do not like and an item which has been damaged during shipping is different. If your item has been damaged in shipping please go to the bottom of the page and follow the instructions marked “Damaged in Shipping”.
1. The only way you may return an item is to obtain an authorized Return Number (RN#).
2. You must e-mail us within 5 business days of receipt at firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject line of “Request a Return Number (RN#)” to obtain your authorized Return Number (RN#). (Please note: a refund is not guaranteed at this point, a physical inspection of the instrument, once it is returned to our facility, is still required.)
3. Returns have to be received at our office within 5 business days after the RN# was given. A full refund, minus the non-refundable shipping cost and the 8% restocking fee, will be issued within 10 business days of delivery of the item to our office with a company check, credit card, wire transfer, Square, Google Pay, or Apple Pay. It is at our discretion which method of return payment we use.
4. All returns must be in their original packaging, with the RN# written on the outside of the box. Please include a signed letter with the RN# and a brief description as to why you are returning the item.
5. We require all returns to be shipped back with the same shipping company that it was sent to you with. You are responsible for the cost of return shipping with insurance included.
6. Please make sure the item is carefully repackaged and insured for the sales price with signature required before sending it. Uninsured packages or items shipped “COD” or “Shipping Due” will be refused and a refund will not be issued.
7. All returns are subject to an 8% restocking fee (unless you opt for an in-store credit). When taking an in-store credit, the 8% restocking fee will be waived as well as the original shipping cost from our facility to yours because our ultimate goal is to get you the item you want. Please note, you are still responsible for the cost of return shipping with insurance.
8. If at any point you would like to cancel your in-store credit please send us a signed written request via mail and a company check will be sent to you with the remaining balance minus the cost of original shipping and the 8% restocking fee.
9. The returned merchandise must be received in the same original condition and with all the same original parts that it left our facility. Once the item is received we will conduct a physical inspection. This inspection will determine your eligibility for a refund. If an item is received damaged we have sole discretion to determine if the merchandise was damaged in shipping or due to your negligence while you were in possession of the item. Refunds will not be issued for merchandise, which has been damaged for any reason while in your possession. Returned items missing any of the following original: accessories, original parts, mouthpiece (if included), case, original neck, or other original parts to the instrument will also not be refunded.
10. If the damage was caused by return shipping, you as the shipper have to initiate and file a claim. A refund will not be given until the shipping company’s claim has been settled and a copy of that settlement has been mailed to Musical Instrument City. If the shipping company declares the item is a total loss than no refund from Musical Instrument City will be issued. If the settlement is a partial value adjustment the final refund from Musical Instrument City will be calculated as follows: Original sales price minus the 8% restocking fee, the insurance claim amount (if this amount is less than the actual repair cost the difference will also be subtracted from your refund), additional loss of value due to the damage incurred as many of our items are one of a kind and/or vintage and the non refundable original shipping fee. This total amount will be issued within 10 business days by company check.
11. All merchandise that is sold “As Is” is non-refundable. Please refer to the item’s description to determine if the item is being sold “As Is”.
12. If any of the above terms and conditions are not met we have the right to refuse a refund.
Returns for “Damaged in Shipping”
All instruments/items are carefully packed and fully insured, however, once in a while shipping carriers may mishandle a package. Once a package leaves our facility we have no control over damage that occurs due to mishandling on the part of the shipping company. We are not responsible for any shipping damages that may occur. In the unfortunate chance, your item is damaged the following procedure must be followed exactly in order to process a refund. Failure to comply with the following procedures constitutes a violation of the return policy and therefore a refund will not be given.
1. Save everything, including the box, packing materials, and shipping label. Without the original box and packing materials, a claim cannot be made and a refund will not be issued.
2. Take a full set of pictures so the damage can be assessed. These should include at least one photo of the entire instrument/item, one of the case (if it has one), one or two of the damaged area on the item, an overall photo of the box (with all labels and shipping tags still attached), as well as one or two pictures of any damage to the box itself. This means there will be a minimum of 5 photos.
3. Send the photos along with an explanation of the damage, to email@example.com with a subject line of “Damaged in Shipping” within 3 business days of receipt. Please note this does not in any way imply or authorize you, the buyer, to take the item to a repair shop for evaluation, we are not responsible and will not reimburse you for any fees associated with estimates on the damage incurred.
4. Do not send anything back yet! You must wait for us to determine liability. It will take anywhere from 5 to 10 business days for liability to be determined. We have sole discretion to determine if the merchandise was damaged in shipping or due to your negligence while you were in possession of the item. Refunds will not be issued for merchandise, which we determine has been damaged while in your possession. Please wait to send the item back until we have notified you to do so.
5. Once it is determined that the pictures and explanation demonstrate reasonable suspicion that the shipping company was responsible for the damage to your item you will receive an e-mail with an authorized Return Number (RN#). You may not return an item without this authorized Return Number (RN#). (Please note: a refund is not guaranteed at this point, a physical inspection of the instrument, once it is returned to our facility, is still required.) Please do not ship the item back until we have notified you to do so.
6. Returns have to be received at our office within 5 business days after the RN# was given.
7. We require all returns to be shipped back with the same shipping company that it was sent to you with and the tracking number must be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org once it has been shipped.
8. Please make sure the item is carefully repackaged and insured for the sales price with signature required before sending it. Please contact us for instructions on how to re-package your purchase and what to do if your box is damaged. Contact us at email@example.com for these instructions. If the box was damaged we suggest using a new box in order to make sure no further damage occurs because you are liable for any additional damage that occurs during the return shipping. Uninsured packages or items shipped “COD” or “Shipping Due” will be refused and a refund will not be issued.
9. You are responsible for the cost of return shipping with insurance even if it was damaged en-route to you. (Damage can occur on the transit back if you did not repackage the instrument securely so please follow our guidelines.) If more damage occurs on the return shipping, this will be deducted from your total refund. The return shipping cost may be refundable after inspection, this will be determined on a individual basis and not guaranteed.
10. Once the item is received we will conduct a physical inspection. This inspection will determine your eligibility for a refund. We have sole discretion to determine if the merchandise was damaged in shipping or due to your negligence while you were in possession of the item. Refunds will not be issued for merchandise, which has been damaged while in your possession.
11. Once it is determined that the item was damaged in shipping a full refund will include the original non-refundable shipping cost from our facility to yours, will be issued via company check, credit card, wire transfer, Square, Google Pay, or Apple Pay within 10 business days of delivery of the item to our office. Items damaged in shipping to the buyer are not subject to our 8% restocking fee.
12. If any of the above terms and conditions are not met we have the right to refuse a refund.
By navigating, using, or purchasing items on this website you are consenting to the terms and conditions laid out in this entire document. If you are unwilling to accept any of the terms and conditions which govern this website you must exit the website.
Your use of the website of Musical Instrument City, Inc. located at www.musicalinstrumentcity.com and anywhere else these terms and conditions are linked, referred to collectively as “the Site” is governed by the following terms and conditions. In this document “us”, “this website”, “the website”, “Musical Instrument City”, “MusicalInstrumentCity.com” or “we” refers to Musical Instrument City, Inc. These terms and conditions are subject to change without notice.